Last Revised: May 5, 2020
Dan David Foundation, a non-profit company, in collaboration with Tel Aviv University d/b/a Dan David Prize (“Dan David Prize”, “we” or “us”) welcomes you (the “User(s)”, or “you”) to our Site. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We aim to be as open and transparent as possible around the information we collect when you visit and use our Site including through the use of “Cookies”.
TABLE OF CONTENT
- What are cookies?
- How long will Cookies stay on my device?
- First and third party Cookies
- Do we track whether users open our emails?
- What sort of Cookies does our Site use?
- Can a User block Cookies?
- Opting out of performance Cookies
- Changes to the
- Have any Questions?
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
HOW LONG WILL COOKIES STAY ON MY DEVICE?
FIRST AND THIRD PARTY COOKIES
First-party Cookies are Cookies that belong to us and that we place on your device. Third-party Cookies are Cookies that another party, which provides us a service, places on your device through your use of our Site. For example, to administer our Site and for research purposes, we have contracted third-party service providers to track and analyze statistical usage and volume information from our Users.
DO WE TRACK WHETHER USERS OPEN OUR EMAILS?
Our emails may contain a single “web beacon pixel” which enables us to verify whether our emails (and any links or advertisements within the email) are opened. We may use this information to determine whether our emails are of interest to Users, to approach Users who do not open our emails and verify whether they wish to continue receiving them. Please note that such “web beacon pixel” will be deleted once you delete the email from your email account. If you do not wish the “web beacon pixel” to be downloaded to your device at all, please set your email account settings to receive emails from us in plain text rather than HTML.
WHAT SORT OF COOKIES DOES OUR SITE USE?
Generally, our Cookies perform the following functions:
- Essential Cookies – these Cookies are essential to navigate around the Site and use its features. For example, they allow us to remember your Cookie preferences and alert us when something is not working properly so we can fix it quickly.
- Analytical and Performance Cookies – these Cookies are used to analyze how our Users use our Site and to monitor the Site’s performance. For example, we may use performance Cookies to keep track of which pages are frequently visited and where our users are located. We might also use these Cookies to highlight Site services that we think will be of interest to you based on your usage of the Site. We generally use third party Cookies to perform these services, for example, Google Analytics.
- Functionality Cookies – these Cookies allow us to operate the Site in accordance with your preferences when browsing or using the Site. For example, such Cookies save you the trouble of typing in a username every time you access the Site, and recall your customization preferences, such as your preferred text size, fonts, languages and other parts of the Site that are alterable.
OPTING OUT OF PERFORMANCE COOKIES
It is possible to opt-out of having your browsing activity within the Site recorded by performance Cookies. Please note that we use Google Analytics as our service provider in order to track Users’ activity on the Site, including use of such services’ persistent Cookies. Google provides a browser-add-on which allows users to opt-out of Google Analytics across all websites, which can be downloaded here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?